Adrian Sutil will start five places lower on the German Grand Prix grid by dint of a penalty imposed for the Force India team having to change his gearbox.
The German – who lapped quickest of all in the opening practice session – crawled to a halt in the pit lane in the third practice session with a driveshaft failure.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018