Former Jordan / Midland / Spyker MF1 Racing driver Tiago Monteiro is celebrating his 34th birthday today!
Tiago’s debut F1 season was with the Jordan outfit – competing in its final year before morphing into the Midland concern. While well short of competitiveness, Tiago set an incredible record of 18 consecutive race finishes in his debut season, including peaking with an incredible podium at the controversial 2005 United States Grand Prix.
His second season with the team – now known as Midland – produced less-sparkling results as the team’s competitiveness waned, and he was cast out of F1 at the end of the season.
The Portuguese driver graduated to Formula 1 via the unusual route of debuting in the Porsche Supercup series, in which he won five races in his debut season. Tiago then switched to open-wheeler racing and moved up the ladder of Formula 3, Formula 3000, Champ Car and World Series by Nissan.
Since 2007, Tiago has competed in the World Touring Car Championship with SEAT, winning three races (twice on home soil).
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020