Mark Webber was left to rue a driving error in the final phase of qualifying, which he believes cost him valuable positions on the grid for today’s German Grand Prix.
Speaking with the BBC, Webber explained: “I got a little bit wide on the entry to Turn 1 – stuck the front of the car out and I couldn’t get back into the line.
“My fault, and it wasn’t good enough. [I] lost a position on the final laps, obviously I was third and then lost a position to Felipe [Massa] so that was a shame. Not the best qualifying so I look to the race tomorrow.”
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020