The Japanese driver – reportedly armed with some $5M in sponsorship – has competed in two Grands Prix this season, replacing Bruno Senna for the British Grand Prix, and Senna’s team-mate Karun Chandhok for the German Grand Prix.
However, Chandhok – from whom the logos of his chief sponsor, Jaypee, were still visible on the car at Hockenheim – is adamant that he will return to the fray at next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.
But with Bruno Senna also claiming that he will be in the race seat for the remainder of the season, clearly three into two won’t go…
Or make that four into two… don’t forget that the team’s other test driver, Christian Klien, is also waiting in the wings…
Finland’s Turun Sanomat suggested: “It is probable that money talks and Senna and Yamamoto will be [driving] in Hungary.”
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020