The Japanese driver – reportedly armed with some $5M in sponsorship – has competed in two Grands Prix this season, replacing Bruno Senna for the British Grand Prix, and Senna’s team-mate Karun Chandhok for the German Grand Prix.
However, Chandhok – from whom the logos of his chief sponsor, Jaypee, were still visible on the car at Hockenheim – is adamant that he will return to the fray at next weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.
But with Bruno Senna also claiming that he will be in the race seat for the remainder of the season, clearly three into two won’t go…
Or make that four into two… don’t forget that the team’s other test driver, Christian Klien, is also waiting in the wings…
Finland’s Turun Sanomat suggested: “It is probable that money talks and Senna and Yamamoto will be [driving] in Hungary.”
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Unstoppable Ricciardo romps to pole - 27 May, 2018
- Ricciardo tops FP3, Verstappen crashes - 26 May, 2018
- Red Bull stays on top in Monaco - 25 May, 2018
- Ricciardo leads a Red Bull 1-2 in FP1 - 24 May, 2018
- WTCR: Vernay survives jump-start investigation to win Race 3 - 22 May, 2018