It would seem that Jenson Button has copied Lewis Hamilton in the relationship stakes – by reuniting with his ex-girlfriend.
It was confirmed in May that the defending World Champion and his long-time squeeze, Japanese fashion model Jessica Michibata, had split.
Shortly after the break-up, Button rebuffed prying media questions about the parting of ways by jokingly suggesting that he had now hooked up with McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh!
But word had gotten out in the German Grand Prix paddock that Button had reunited with Michibata, which prompted more joshing between Button and the British tabloid corps during McLaren’s regular Saturday afternoon press get-together.
“I didn’t know she had your number!” Button smiled when asked by a journalist about the latest rumours.
So, the journalist asked, had Button realised that Whitmarsh wasn’t the man for him?
“Wow, you got me on the back foot now,” Button replied. “I don’t want to put Martin down. That one is a private one, but you will see her, she will be in Hungary.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020