Police slapped the seven-time World Champion with a €140 fine for allegedly being behind the wheel of a rented Weismann sports car snapped exceeding the 100km/h speed limit by 20km/h.
But the German is denying that he is depicted behind the wheel in the speed camera’s photograph.
The case has been escalated to a district court in the German town of Traunstein, but neither Schumacher nor his lawyer showed up to the hearing, meaning that court costs will be added to the fine if he is found guilty.
Schumacher’s spokesperson Sabine Kehm told reporters: “We maintain that Michael was not driving the car.”
What certainly wasn’t in dispute was the €1,000 fine issued to Schumacher by the sport’s governing body, the FIA, for breaking the 60km/h pit lane speed limit by 4.1km/h during Friday’s practice session!
[Original image via Telegraph]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020