Renault and Mercedes GP have each been fined $50,000 for separate pit lane incidents during the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Renault was fined for the unsafe pit stop release of Robert Kubica, who collided with the Force India of Adrian Sutil as the German was attempting to drive into his pit bay. The accident resulted in the immediate retirement of Sutil, while Kubica was issued with a 10-second stop-go penalty, which he served before retiring from the race
with the sulks.
Mercedes GP was fined for the unsafe release of Nico Rosberg, with the German losing his right-rear wheel as he exited his pit bay. The wheel bounced down the pit lane and struck a Williams mechanic.
[Original images via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018