Amid recent rumours that the FIA was considering keeping the thirteenth vacant team berth vacant for the 2011 season, it would seem that the sport’s governing body is now committed to ensuring a 26-car grid next season.
An invitation has apparently been sent to the remaining candidates to visit the FIA’s Paris HQ next Friday – rather auspiciously, Friday the 13th!
With the recent withdrawals of both the ART GP2 team and the Cypher Group operation, it is believed that three teams – Epsilon Euskadi, Durango-Villeneuve and Stefan GP – are still in the running.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020