Amid recent rumours that the FIA was considering keeping the thirteenth vacant team berth vacant for the 2011 season, it would seem that the sport’s governing body is now committed to ensuring a 26-car grid next season.
An invitation has apparently been sent to the remaining candidates to visit the FIA’s Paris HQ next Friday – rather auspiciously, Friday the 13th!
With the recent withdrawals of both the ART GP2 team and the Cypher Group operation, it is believed that three teams – Epsilon Euskadi, Durango-Villeneuve and Stefan GP – are still in the running.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018