The 28-year-old German’s F1 career was on the rocks when his services at Toyota went up in smoke after the team quit F1, and he was confirmed as a late sign-up to the Virgin Racing squad. Recent rumours have indicated that Glock was allegedly interested in securing the second race seat at Renault alongside Robert Kubica.
It has been a difficult season for the former GP2 champion, who has endured a litany of mechanical issues during Virgin’s debut season, including the embarrassing fuel tank fiasco earlier this season.
However, Timo has clarified the rumours in an article on his official website.
“If we had stopped making progress and developments, then – as with any driver – of course there would be frustration,” he wrote. “But this is currently not the case.
“I have a long-term contract with Virgin Racing and am determined to get
out of it the team to the next level.
“We have all the conditions necessary to achieve our goals this season and in the future,” he added.
[Original image via PlanetF1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020