Former Grand Prix driver Hans-Joachim Stuck has recovered sufficiently from recent head surgery to be discharged from his treating hospital.
Following a heavy crash in an Audi R8 at the Nurburgring, the motorsport competition boss for the Volkswagen group had a haematoma removed just over a week ago.
The German SID news agency reports that the 59-year-old Stuck was discharged from his Neuwied-based hospital.
Thanking hospital staff for their “excellent care” afforded to him, the ever-jovial Stuck said: “Finally I can check out – man, I’m glad about that!”
Stuck will return home for further rest and will contest the next round in the German Endurance Championship, scheduled for September 25.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018