Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have seen the light and announced that they will revert to the original circuit layout for the 2011 Grand Prix.
The revised layout was almost universally panned by drivers and fans alike, and it was felt by many to contribute to an utterly dull season-opening event.
Organisers have now claimed that the use of the extended layout was only to celebrate F1’s “diamond jubilee of the oldest and most prestigious racing series”.
Perhaps an admission that the changed layout was a complete turkey would have been more credible!
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018