Bahrain Grand Prix organisers have seen the light and announced that they will revert to the original circuit layout for the 2011 Grand Prix.
The revised layout was almost universally panned by drivers and fans alike, and it was felt by many to contribute to an utterly dull season-opening event.
Organisers have now claimed that the use of the extended layout was only to celebrate F1’s “diamond jubilee of the oldest and most prestigious racing series”.
Perhaps an admission that the changed layout was a complete turkey would have been more credible!
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020