Photos of Mercedes-Benz’s revised CLS four-door ‘coupe’ have been leaked on the internet.
The pictures originated from a German car blog, and clearly show that the car-maker is taking a more aggressive look with its second iteration of the car. The new CLS will go on sale after October’s Paris Motor Show.
The new version features much more aggressive styling, although holds true to the ‘pillarless’ treatment and steeped roof to create that ‘coupe’ look, in spite of the car having four doors.
Also featured are sharper creases shown on the E-Class (on which the CLS is based), flared wheel arches, bluff nose and sharper grill – all very much common features in recent Merc models.
Like the E-Class, the choice of powerplant is expected to include a choice of direct-injection 3.5-litre V6 or a 4.6-litre twin-turbo V8. The AMG version is believed to house a 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8 engine.
Mercedes-Benz had earlier confirmed that it would also release a wagon version of the CLS.
The original CLS’ success has sparked a frenzy of rival-designed coupe-styled four door cars, which include the Porsche Panamera, Aston Martin Rapide, and the upcoming BMW Gran Coupe and Audi A7 models.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020