Lewis Hamilton will not travel to Australia this week despite being summoned to a Melbourne Magistrates Court hearing on Tuesday for the ‘doughnut’ incident at the Melbourne Grand Prix weekend.
The McLaren driver was arrested in March for dangerous driving in a sponsor-issued Mercedes road car outside the circuit, later receiving an official charge and a court summons.
But with this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix just a few days’ away, the News of the World had confirmed that Hamilton will be represented in court by his lawyer.
A seemingly still unrepentant Hamilton is quoted: “It was something small. You pay the price and learn from it.”
[Original image via The Daily Mail]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018