The team decided much later than its rivals to design and develop the downforce-stalling concept that McLaren pioneered at the beginning of the season and that has been copied by virtually every major team on the grid.
The upcoming Belgian and Italian Grands Prix are among the highest-speed circuits on the calendar, where reduced drag is paramount.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018