The team decided much later than its rivals to design and develop the downforce-stalling concept that McLaren pioneered at the beginning of the season and that has been copied by virtually every major team on the grid.
The upcoming Belgian and Italian Grands Prix are among the highest-speed circuits on the calendar, where reduced drag is paramount.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020