The current World Championship standings leader, Webber – with four victories to his name, the most of any driver this season – recently signed a one-year extension to his Red Bull contract.
Speaking with Brazil’s Esporte Espetacular, Webber said: “I cannot guarantee that my head will be in the same place in 2012.
“I want to go for the championship. I know that it changes people’s lives, changes the person and I want to know how it feels,” he added.
Webber has already hinted as serving a broader role in the community after F1, adding that he wants to be a mentor to young people who “expect little from their life”.
Speaking of this, Webber said: “I want them to realise that they can dream higher and achieve. Maybe I will do a little mountain climbing, who knows.
“Definitely [I will do] some more sporting challenges,” he said. “before I get too old and return to Australia to drink red wine.”
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018