Romain Grosjean will assume the role of Renault’s reserve driver for this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix, with regular reserve Ho-Pin Tung out with a back injury sustained in a GP2 accident at the Hungaroring.
The Frenchman also replaces Tung at the DAMS GP2 outfit, and will be hoping to remind the rest of the F1 paddock of the inherent pace he is apparently meant to possess.
Grosjean contested seven Grands Prix starts for the Renault team last year in the wake of Nelson Piquet Jr’s sacking from the squad, but was considerably off the pace and frequent visitor to the gravel traps and Armco fencing in the R29.
[Original image via F1 Fanatic]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018