Former World Champion Nigel Mansell will join the FIA Stewards’ panel for the second time this season under the governing body’s new rule for a former driver represented on the panel to improve consistency in on-track incident decision-making.
Mansell (pictured with Sir Jackie Stewart) last officiated in this capacity at the British Grand Prix in July, where he was a key figure in the drive-through penalty meted out to Fernando Alonso for passing Robert Kubica off-circuit.
Other former drivers to have participated in the season to-date include Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert, Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Heinz-Harald Frentzen.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018