Former World Champion Nigel Mansell will join the FIA Stewards’ panel for the second time this season under the governing body’s new rule for a former driver represented on the panel to improve consistency in on-track incident decision-making.
Mansell (pictured with Sir Jackie Stewart) last officiated in this capacity at the British Grand Prix in July, where he was a key figure in the drive-through penalty meted out to Fernando Alonso for passing Robert Kubica off-circuit.
Other former drivers to have participated in the season to-date include Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert, Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Heinz-Harald Frentzen.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020