Former World Champion Nigel Mansell will join the FIA Stewards’ panel for the second time this season under the governing body’s new rule for a former driver represented on the panel to improve consistency in on-track incident decision-making.
Mansell (pictured with Sir Jackie Stewart) last officiated in this capacity at the British Grand Prix in July, where he was a key figure in the drive-through penalty meted out to Fernando Alonso for passing Robert Kubica off-circuit.
Other former drivers to have participated in the season to-date include Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert, Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Heinz-Harald Frentzen.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018