American credit card multinational MasterCard is eyeing another return to Formula 1 as a sponsor, and it seems that Williams and Renault are both in the running to secure the multi-million dollar deal.
Earlier this year, it was reported that Renault was courting the New York Stock Exchange listed company, but it also seems that Williams has joined the fray, according to the Finnish Turun Sanomat newspaper.
MasterCard was last an F1 sponsor for Jordan between 1998-2001, after its disastrously brief foray as title sponsor to the Lola outfit in 1997 (pictured).
[Original image via ESPN F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020