American credit card multinational MasterCard is eyeing another return to Formula 1 as a sponsor, and it seems that Williams and Renault are both in the running to secure the multi-million dollar deal.
Earlier this year, it was reported that Renault was courting the New York Stock Exchange listed company, but it also seems that Williams has joined the fray, according to the Finnish Turun Sanomat newspaper.
MasterCard was last an F1 sponsor for Jordan between 1998-2001, after its disastrously brief foray as title sponsor to the Lola outfit in 1997 (pictured).
[Original image via ESPN F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018