Former Grand Prix driver Jos Verstappen will pay his first visit to the F1 paddock in a very long time, dropping in at the Spa-Francorchamps paddock this weekend.
Writing in his regular column for De Telegraaf, Verstappen, 38, confirmed that he would attend the Grand Prix with his son Max, who is following his father’s footsteps by forging an impressive reputation in the junior karting scene.
“It was a long time ago that I was physically present at a Grand Prix,” Jos wrote. “I asked Bernie Ecclestone very nicely for a pass and I’m happy that The Big Boss still knows who I am!”
[Original image via Jos Verstappen]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018