The FIA has published an amended provisional grid for Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix in the wake of the penalties handed out to four drivers.
The biggest beneficiaries are the two Lotus drivers of Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli, who each gain three grid spots from their respective 16th and 18th original grid positions.
The penalties for Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg were already documented, and these see the Mercedes GP pairing drop from 11th to 21st and 12th to 17th respectively.
However, Rosberg’s 17th-placed penalty becomes a 14th-placed grid slot when the three- and five-place penalties dished out to Sébastien Buemi and Timo Glock for blocking competitors during qualifying are factored in.
The adjusted grid can be viewed below:
* Denotes five-place penalty for gearbox change
** Denotes three-place penalty for obstructing Nico Rosberg
*** Denotes five-place penalty for obstructing Sakon Yamamoto
**** Denotes ten-place grid penalty for Hungarian GP incident
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020