In the wake of Nick Heidfeld having to relinquish the role due to his switch to the role of Pirelli’s test driver, the GPDA met at Spa this weekend to elect a new chairman.
The GPDA usually holds a preference to keep a test driver in the chairman role, but the group elected Barrichello, whose experience in F1 outstrips the entire grid.
Barrichello will work alongside the current GPDA directors, Sebastian Vettel and Felipe Massa.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- FIA confirms 2019 F1 calendar and rules - 13 October, 2018
- George Russell signs with Williams - 13 October, 2018
- WTCR: Shedden claims breakthrough win - 7 October, 2018
- WTCR: Bennani wins action-packed race in Wuhan - 7 October, 2018
- Suzuka victory puts a fifth title in Hamilton’s reach - 7 October, 2018