In the wake of Nick Heidfeld having to relinquish the role due to his switch to the role of Pirelli’s test driver, the GPDA met at Spa this weekend to elect a new chairman.
The GPDA usually holds a preference to keep a test driver in the chairman role, but the group elected Barrichello, whose experience in F1 outstrips the entire grid.
Barrichello will work alongside the current GPDA directors, Sebastian Vettel and Felipe Massa.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Da Costa wins inaugural Gen2 ePrix - 15 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018