In the wake of Nick Heidfeld having to relinquish the role due to his switch to the role of Pirelli’s test driver, the GPDA met at Spa this weekend to elect a new chairman.
The GPDA usually holds a preference to keep a test driver in the chairman role, but the group elected Barrichello, whose experience in F1 outstrips the entire grid.
Barrichello will work alongside the current GPDA directors, Sebastian Vettel and Felipe Massa.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020