Sébastien Buemi and Timo Glock have been slapped with post-qualifying grid penalties for obstructing rival drivers during qualifying.
Buemi – who qualified 15th quickest – was issued with a three-place penalty for impeding Mercedes GP driver Nico Rosberg during Q2, which is believed to have contributed to Rosberg failing to make the final stage of qualifying.
Glock was issued with a five-place penalty after being found guiltier of the more serious charge of blocking a rival driver, that being HRT driver Sakon Yamamoto during Q1.
The German’s efforts of getting his Virgin Racing car into Q2 for just the second time this season will have come to nought.
Additionally, Lotus’ Jarno Trulli was fined €4,400 for breaking the pit lane speed limit during qualifying.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020