Malaysia’s state oil company Petronas has announced an extension to its title sponsorship of the Malaysian Grand Prix for a further five years.
“I am pleased that Petronas has again used formula one to let the world follow their success in the oil and gas automotive industry,” said F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone upon confirmation of the deal.
Petronas has been the title sponsor of the event since its debut on the F1 calendar in 1999.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020