The punk rockers were hosted by V8 Supercar siblings, Todd and Ricky Kelly, who drive for the Jack Daniel’s Racing Team in the 2010 championship season in Holden Commodore VE-II V8s.
Speaking after the event, Joel Madden said: “I’m sure not many people get to do that in their life time.
“This was one of the coolest things I have ever done. I’ve never been that fast before, those things really fly. When you are on stage it’s good adrenalin but you’re more in control. In the car I was pretty much just holding on, I would love to do it again.”
The V8 Supercars championship finally returns to action after a very lengthy winter break at Phillip Island for the L&H 500 event during September 10-12.
Video highlights from the event can be viewed here.
[Original image via Speedcafe]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020