Mark Webber will demonstrate his Red Bull Renault at Perth’s Barbagallo Raceway (pictured) as part of the city’s inaugural Festival of Speed’ on November 28, marking the first time an F1 car has paid a visit to the circuit.
The Australian is expected to perform three times runs in what will (in all likelihood) be the team’s show car used for previous demonstration in Colombia, the Caribbean and the upcoming event at Korea.
Speaking via video at the event’s launch, Webber urged all motor racing fans to head to the circuit, which plays host to the V8 Supercars championship on a regular basis.
“I am coming to Perth. Come along and see me drive a Formula One car, and much much more, at the ACC Australian Festival of Speed,” he said.
“There is nothing quite like the sound of a Formula One car. Come and see it up close.”
The team’s test and reserve driver Daniel Ricciardo will also be present at the event, which will also feature a host of V8 Supercars, rally-spec cars, sports sedans, formula cars, bikes and historic vehicles.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018