Pirelli has resumed its tyre development programme for its 2011 re-entry into Formula 1, with a further test session conducted at France’s Paul Ricard circuit.
“We’re very happy with the progress we’ve made so far, which actually puts us slightly ahead of where we expected to be at this point in time,” Pirelli’s motorsport director Paul Hembery said.
Pirelli has also confirmed its withdrawal from the World Rally Championship at the end of the current season to concentrate on its return to Formula 1.
Pirelli’s next tyre test will take place at Spain in a fortnight’s time.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020