The Italian lapped his SEAT around the German circuit just four-hundredths quicker than the Brit, with the duo over a quarter of a second quicker than third-fastest man Jordi Gené.
The Spaniard wound up quicker than Andy Priaulx and Tiago Monteiro, although the trio was split by just half-a-tenth. However, Monteiro perhaps lost the opportunity to move further up the leaderboard when he ploughed into the barriers at Turn 3 with five minutes of the session still remaining.
Franz Engstler wound up quickest of the Independent Trophy runners and thirteenth-quickest overall.
The session was interrupted early on by Stefano D’Aste crashing his BMW into the barriers, which brought out the red flags.
2010 WTCC Oschersleben 1st Practice Session Times:
[Original image via FIA WTCC official site]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020