It is believed that Epsilon Euskadi and Villeneuve/Durango were the only two outfits who were able to present to the FIA, which leaves many wondering about the state of the aspirant Stefan GP outfit, whose last-minute application to join the 2010 grid was rejected just days before the Bahrain Grand Prix.
According to speculation, the FIA has ruled that neither Epsilon Euskadi and Villeneuve/Durango had a strong enough combination of financial and technical resources to launch a successful campaign.
It is rumoured that the decision – believed to have been made a week ago – will be formally communicated after the regular meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on Friday.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020