For those of you with a fond memory of the 1992 World Championship season, this headline might send chills up your spine!
Fortunately we can report that the Andrea Moda shoe company is not considering any sponsorship deal in Formula 1 – having headed up the embarrassing campaign to run a team eponymously that year (pictured) – but instead the Geox shoe company is looking to sponsor a Formula 1 team in 2011.
Based in Montebelluna, the company makes waterproof and breathable shows, and is rumoured to be in talks with the Red Bull team for a sponsorship deal next season.
“Extreme sports with high technological content such as cycling and formula one can be interesting to us,” Mario Moretti Polegato, the boss of Geox said. Moretti Polegato also owns the Diadora sporting brand.
Red Bull currently has a clothing and footwear sponsorship arrangement with Puma.
[Original image via MotorPasion]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018