Double World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi will return to race steward duties for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix under the FIA’s excellent initiative to have a former driver on the stewards’ panel at each event.
This will be the Brazilian’s second stint in the role – his first being at Canada – that aims to offer greater transparency and consistency in decion-making of on-track incidents.
Other drivers to have fulfilled the duty this year include Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert (twice), Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick (three times), Damon Hill, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Nigel Mansell (twice) and Danny Sullivan.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019