Double World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi will return to race steward duties for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix under the FIA’s excellent initiative to have a former driver on the stewards’ panel at each event.
This will be the Brazilian’s second stint in the role – his first being at Canada – that aims to offer greater transparency and consistency in decion-making of on-track incidents.
Other drivers to have fulfilled the duty this year include Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert (twice), Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick (three times), Damon Hill, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Nigel Mansell (twice) and Danny Sullivan.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020