A radio technician was struck by Yamamoto’s rear wheel as the Japanese driver was waved out of the pit box by the pit crew’s lollipop man, before the technician had finished working on the car.
The pit lane was temporarily closed as an ambulance was ferried down to collect the injured mechanic, and he was taken to the local hospital for scans and observation.
The team’s sidelined driver, Karun Chandhok, went to see the team member, and confirmed via Twitter that he was conscious and in good spirits despite the incident.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020