Sauber driver Kamui Kobayashi might have received an early birthday present with confirmation that his contract has been extended into 2011, but it is actually his 24th birthday today.
The Japanese driver has had an impressive first full season in F1 after his two-race stint with Toyota at the back end of the 2009 season, picking up the majority of the Sauber team’s championship points this season.
Unfortunately his Italian Grand Prix fared rather poorly, starting from the pit lane and retiring after a few hundred metres with a transmission failure.
That being said, we wish Kamui a happy birthday today!
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018