Wisdom would tell you that a verbal commitment may as well be taken with a pinch of salt, but Jarno Trulli has defied popular convention and reconfirmed the perception that he remains one of the few true gentlemen in the F1 paddock.
The reason why?
Well, back in Monaco, Jarno had a rather scary coming-together with Karun Chandhok in the closing stages of the race, when he parked his Lotus atop the Indian’s HRT at La Rascasse.
By way of apologising for denying Chandhok what would have been the team’s best finish to-date, Jarno offered to give Karun a case of his finest wines from his bespoke winery, Podere Castorani.
“He has certainly paid his due for climbing over my head,” a bemused Chandhok said after packing his wine away for the journey back home to the UK.
And we at Richard’s F1 can certainly attest that Trulli’s wines are top-shelf. Click here for our exclusive profile of Podere Castorani and our interview with Jarno’s cousin, Dario.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020