Sources have told members of the German media that the insurance group Allianz looks set to join Mercedes GP as the team’s newest sponsorship acquisition.
The Munich-based multinational has previously invested in the region of €10 million into Formula 1 via its trackside advertising programme, but was also a previous sponsor of the Williams F1 team (pictured).
Given the strategic agreement signed with Mercedes’ parent, Daimler, earlier this year, such a sponsorship tie-in is a logical progression, and we should expect to see the company’s logos adorning the Silver Arrows sometime soon.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020