BMW driver August Farfus has posted the quickest lap time in the opening practice session for this weekend’s Valencia round of the World Touring Car Championship. The Brazilian fractionally edged out the Chevrolet driver of Alain Menu, while his BMW team-mate was Andy Priaulx was just over a tenth slower than Farfus.
A final flying lap from Robert Huff saw the sister Chevrolet finish fourth-quickest, with the third Chevrolet of championship-leader Yvan Muller seventh-quickest.
The SEATs of Gabriele Tarquini and Tiago Monteiro rounded out the top six on the timesheets, with their team-mates Norbert Michelisz, Jordi Gené and Tom Coronel completing the top-ten.
Guest driver Marc Carol in the petrol-powered SEAT León finished up fastest of the Independent Trophy runners and twelfth-quickest overall, just ahead of regular Independent Trophy driver Daryl O’Young in the Chevrolet Lacetti.
2010 WTCC Valencia 1st Practice Session Times:
[Original image via FIA WTCC official site]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020