Signed for the Far East rounds: Yoshihiro Ito (left) and Masaki Kano (right) have been signed to the Liqui Moly Team Engstler for the Okayama and Macau WTCC rounds.
The Liqui Moly Team Engstler BMW outfit will run a third car for Japanese guest drivers at the final two rounds of the World Touring Car Championship.
The Independent Trophy squad has announced that Yoshihiro Ito and Masaki Kano will participate in the Okayama and Macau rounds, respectively, partnering regular drivers Franz Engstler and Andrei Romanov.
Osaka-born Ito, 33, will make his WTCC debut at the circuit that was the former venue of the Pacific Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1994-5, having spent the 2009 season contesting the Japanese Super GT series with a Porsche Boxter (pictured above left).
Kana, 34 and born in Hyogo will make his return to the series, having previously represented the Engstler squad at the Okayama rounds in 2008-9 (pictured above right) and the Macau 2008 event. He is also the 2007 Asian Touring Car champion.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020