Shortly after signing Romain Grosjean as Nick Heidfeld’s replacement, Pirelli has also secured the services of the recently unemployed Pedro de la Rosa.
After countless race weekends spent watching from either the pit lane or participating in the cockpit, the Spaniard will watch the Singapore Grand Prix on TV from the comfort of his Zurich lounge room, after being sacked from the Sauber team and replaced by Heidfeld for the rest of the season.
Popular expectation had suggested that de la Rosa would be an immediate and logical replacement at Pirelli, and it seems that the Italian tyre maker has eventually reached this decision as well, with de la Rosa joining Grosjean in testing duties for the rest of the season.
“[Heidfeld] will be replaced by Pedro de la Rosa and Romain Grosjean,” confirmed Pirelli CEO Francesco Gori. “They will test until the Abu Dhabi grand prix, and after that the teams will use the new tyres.”
[Original image via F1 Fanatic]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020