Team boss Vijay Mallya, known to be a long-time admirer of the Mercedes protégé, had previously described the young Scot as possessing the “right attitude to make it in F1.”
Di Resta achieved a race victory in the DTM series – where he moonlights between his F1 weekends – at the last round in Oschersleben. The 24-year-old is also present that this weekend’s Singapore Grand Prix, but won’t be performing his usual ‘Man Friday’ duties this time around.
Quite whom out of Adrian Sutil or Vitantonio Liuzzi could be replaced is not certain, with Sutil touted for possible moves to Mercedes GP or Renault for 2011, while Liuzzi is already thought to have a secure contract for 2011 with Force India.
That being said, Liuzzi has been summarily outperformed by his German team-mate all season, picking up just 13 of the team’s 58 championship points earned this season.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020