As part of continuing its announcements for its 2011 season ambitions, Lotus has confirmed that its current technical chief, Mike Gascoyne, has been signed on to stay with the squad until the end of the 2015 season.
Gascoyne joined the 1Mayasia-owned squad upon its application to join the grid being approved in late 2009, and admitted he would consider staying “even beyond” his extended contract.
The man who has formerly enjoyed technical roles with close to half of the current teams on the grid said: “It was always my intention to finish my career here, so it’s great to have formally agreed a five-year deal.”
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020