The trio will contest next season at the wheel of a newly-designed 1.6-litre turbocharged version of the very successful Chevrolet Cruze, with the changes coming into effect for the series’ S2000 regulations.
The marque’s Europe boss Eric Neve was suitably pleased to retain his highly successful line-up for next season.
“Stability has always been one of the key features of our WTCC programme,” he said. “To confirm our three drivers was the obvious choice, as we really have a terrific trio and Rob, Alain and Yvan have done a great job this year, on and off the track.
“We are happy to make this announcement today, as it will certainly give our drivers and the entire team a psychological boost ahead of the decisive final stint of the championship as well as extra motivation to carry on the intense program of development of the new Cruze that has already begun.”
Muller – who won his first WTCC title with SEAT in 2008 – currently leads the Drivers’ Championship standings with a 25-point margin over BMW’s Andy Priaulx with just four races (including the double-points races at Macau) to go.
For Huff and Menu, the 2011 season will mark their sixth with the squad, having been a part of the operation since the WTCC reformed in 2005.
[Original image via Automobilsport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020