Liechtenstein’s only F1 representative, Frederick ‘Rikky’ von Opel, is turning 63 today.
He graduated to F1 in 1973, joining the Ensign team mid-season and switching to Brabham in 1974, where he stayed until mid-year before being dropped after failing to make the grid for the French Grand Prix. Von Opel’s best F1 results were a pair of ninth placings at the 1974 Swedish and Dutch Grands Prix.
[Original image via F1 Rejects, who’ve also published considerably detailed biography]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020