Top Gear’s hugely impressive Top Gear Live stage show will make its third visit to Australian shores, and tickets for their March 2011 shows are available for pre-purchase.
Hosts Jeremy Clarkson and James May – minus Richard Hammond – will gear up to bring their all-new Prototype world tour to Australia, and will be visiting Melbourne and Brisbane for the first time.
The show will make its Australian debut at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for a run of shows between 3-6 March, before moving on to Melbourne’s Showgrounds, where they will perform a run of shows over the Easter long weekend.
The production team will again pull out all stops and the show’s fans will be able to experience the precision driving, thrills and spills for which the show is now renowned.
The Prototype show will feature some of the world’s most powerful, expensive and crazily modified vehicles, with one of the highlights being the world’s first transparent car. Porsches will be transformed beyond recognition and a custom-made ‘Godzilla’ Nissan GT-R will compete head-to-head with a police helicopter. Indoors!
“Top Gear Live continues to prove that proper theatre with cars is possible and yet again, we’ve pushed the boundaries of car theatre for this ‘Prototype Tour’,” said Jeremy Clarkson. “It’s ambitious, but for once, it isn’t complete rubbish.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020