The Hispania Racing squad’s already-depleted coffers will take further pain at the Korean Grand Prix, with the race stewards fining the team $5,000 for an incident involving Sakon Yamamoto during Friday practice.
The pit crew released the Japanese driver from his garage with a tyre warmer still attached, and his crew breached several articles of the Sporting Regulations when they scampered to the pit exit to recover the tyre blanket.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020