Formula 1 indulged in a bit of nostalgia on Thursday in the Korean Grand Prix paddock by recreating the famous 1986 title showdown photo.
As the four-way championship fight from over twenty years ago came to its climax, the championship protagonists – Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet – posed on the pit wall with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
This year’s championship is the most open since 1986, and this time we have five drivers in contention – Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber – who agreed to pose for the world’s media with Ecclestone.
“It was good to do the photo with all the guys going back all those years with some of our heroes obviously in those (1986) photos,” Webber said after the shoot.
Note how Bernie has cheekily positioned Lewis Hamilton alongside Fernando Alonso!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020