The master of all he surveys in Formula 1 – the one and only Bernard Charles Ecclestone – turns 80 today.
Bernie was presented with his very own Red Bull walking frame – just in case he ever required assistance getting about the paddock.
The frame had some special features, including a Red Bull front wing (we would have a guess it could be Vettel’s broken one from the controversial British GP!), and a customised steering wheel that features buttons for: Viagra, power, nurse, lawyer, accountant and his assistance Pasquale Lattuneddu.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner presented the gift to Ecclestone alongside Sebastian Vettel, which Bernie took with particularly traditional good humour!
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020