Former F1 World Champion Kimi Räikkönen is rumoured to be close to re-signing with the Red Bull Citroen Junior Team in the World Rally Championship next season.
The Finn recently put an end to speculation that he was looking at an F1 return with Renault next year, and Citroen’s competition boss, Olivier Quesnel, has now revealed that talks are underway with the Espoo-born driver to remain in the World Rally Championship.
“I know the negotiations are progressing well for Kimi to stay in the Citroen junior team,” Quesnel is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint.
“I don’t know when something will be officially announced,” he added.
The Finn has also been the subject of rumours that Red Bull’s support for the junior team project had waned, which had prompted speculation that he may switch to Ford, which is coincidentally funded by the Monster energy drink group.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020