With the Ferrari World theme park set to open in just a week’s time at Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi, the event will be marked with much glitz and glamour as the world welcomes what will be the world’s largest indoor theme park.
The signature feature of the park is ‘Formula Rossa’, which is a ride designed to give visitors a true simulation of the forces one would experience if driving a Formula 1 car.
A launched rollercoaster using mechanisms similar to that of aircraft carriers, it will break the world record as the world’s fastest rollercoaster, achieving top speeds of 240km/h (150mph) in just four seconds of acceleration. The ride travels for over 2 kilometres in length, also ranking it as the fifth-longest in the world.
With one the features of the venue being the risk of dust storms in the area, riders will be required to wear protective goggles.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020