Robert Dahlgren has been slapped with a ten-place grid penalty ahead of the first race for this weekend’s World Touring Car Championship round at Okayama.
The Swedish driver had no choice but to change his engine after his Volvo C30 refused to fire up for the morning warm-up session, meaning he drops to 24th on the grid after qualifying a respectable 14th yesterday.
Chevrolet driver Alain Menu was quickest overall in the 15-minute session, followed by Tiago Monteiro and Tom Coronel in the SEATs. Pole-sitter Andy Priaulx was only 14th-quickest in the morning warm-up.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020