A driver who has enjoyed good fortune and a huge following at Interlagos, Massa was controversially
ordered suggested to cede his lead of the German Grand Prix in favour of his team-mate, but told the EFE news agency: “If it depends on me, then for sure (I will help).”
Massa is certainly no stranger to playing a supporting role to a team-mate in a better championship position, having done so in 2006 as Michael Schumacher’s team-mate, and again in 2007 when Kimi Räikkönen staged a successful last-ditch effort for the title crown.
“I’m a professional. I did it already [before],” Massa added. “Alonso has had a better season than me and has been more competitive. It has not been my best year, not only with the results but also the problems I have had in qualifying warming up the tyres.
“For me, 2011 will be better than 2010.”
Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali has confirmed that both drivers will have equal footing for the start of the 2011 season.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018