Hispania Racing boss Collin Kolles has confirmed that his team will shortly announce details of a new financial backer who will effectively ensure the viability of the Spanish F1 team, which has been dogged by rumours that it is struggling financially.
Kolles told reporters – who had been tipped off by F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone – that the announcement would occur “very soon”.
“I think that people will realise what is the potential of this partnership. I think in the next couple of days there will be a few big announcements,” the Romanian added.
The team recently announced a deal to use Williams-designed gearboxes from next season, and is widely tipped to have bought the assets of the defunct Toyota F1 project with a view to designing their 2011 car on the basis of the stillborn 2010 Toyota F1 chassis.
The team is also rumoured to have signed Sauber reject Pedro de la Rosa onto its driving roster for the 2011 season.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018
- Ricciardo leads Verstappen in FP1 - 14 September, 2018